Serious Fun, Serious Engineering
Advanced Electronic Designs, Inc. (AED) is a progressive technology and product development company located in Bozeman, MT. We provide engineering and product development services for a wide range of industries including medical, military (Department of Defense), instrumentation, and entertainment. We are looking for a full-time Information Technology Lead with a breadth of experience as identified below. Individuals who are self-starters with the ability to work with limited oversight are preferred.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in information technology (preferred) or equivalent experience
Five or more years of applicable experience or certifications in the following:
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Microsoft file and print services
- Microsoft Office Programs/Drivers
- Microsoft Windows 7 and 10
- Microsoft 365 including Office
- Microsoft SQL server maintenance
- MySQL administration
- PostgreSQL administration
- Network infrastructure (IP addressing, DNS, DHCP, switching, routing, access points, and WiFi)
- Network and fileserver security
- Firewall rules, NAT
- Virtual desktop environments
- Linux server
- Windows server
- G-Suite admin tasks
- On-Site and off-site backup
- Facilitate remote workstation access
- Setup and maintenance of revision control systems (SVN and GIT)
- Setup and maintenance of build servers
- Internet service monitoring and troubleshooting
- AWS, Microsoft Azure, Xen Server XCP-NG, and Docker (bonus)
- ITAR and NIST 800-171 compliance (bonus)
- Candidates must be able to pass a comprehensive background check due to the nature of AED’s projects and clients.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Day-to-day monitoring and maintenance of AED’s IT network to ensure consistent, reliable delivery of service to all end-users.
- Ensure network and data security best practices are implemented and monitored while ensuring regulatory compliance requirements are met and maintained (NIST-800-171 experience preferred).
- Perform work in a manner that causes minimal impact and interruption of service to end-users during normal business hours.
- Perform setup, maintenance, and reallocation of group policies and individual permissions.
Monitor firewall performance and activity logs and alerts.
- Configure, maintain, and resolve issues that impact optimum performance of Xen Servers.
Install, configure, and maintain AED’s wireless network.
- Proactively monitor, setup, install, configure, maintain and resolve hardware and software related issues.
- Perform basic server administration duties, which includes working closely with, AED Software and Firmware leads.
- Setup, configure, maintain, and resolve performance issues with desktop, mobile devices, audio/video (A/V) equipment, as well as other types of technological devices as needed.
- Provide leadership and guidance in the strategic planning for the rollout of IT initiatives and system changes.
- Provide consistent follow up with end-users in situations where their ability to work has been interrupted or impaired due to network, hardware, and software related issues.
- Actively explore opportunities to improve work processes and service to customers, which includes the testing and evaluation of new technologies.
- Perform other duties as needed.
Direct Inquiries to:
To apply for this job please visit aed.pro.