Website Aurora Innovations
Working to deliver the benefits of self-driving technology
Bringing self-driving vehicles to our roads is the most transformative opportunity of our generation. Aurora is taking a fresh start with the development of self-driving technology, combining excellence in AI, rigorous engineering, and a team with decades of experience building robots that work.
Led by a team of seasoned experts, including three of the world’s leaders of self-driving technology, our mission is to deliver the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly. We are designing the software and hardware to power the transportation of our future that will make our roads safer, give more people access to mobility, and reduce congestion and pollution in cities – improving the quality of life for all. The challenge in what we are endeavoring to achieve is transcendent; we are developing perhaps the world’s most complex computing system and asking it to perform the task of transporting and keeping safe our most precious asset: human life.
We’re looking for people who are as excited as we are to solve these complex problems and make this tremendous impact on our future, and who want to be surrounded by great people while we do it. We are searching for a talented, motivated test engineer to contribute to developing a robust test infrastructure for our lidar systems.
- Lead the design and implementation of test infrastructure / plan / procedures for complex lidar systems
- Lead and oversee the hands-on execution of designed test plans / procedures for complex lidar systems
- Lead and oversee the collection, analyzing, and presentation of test data
- Work with production to implement a lean subset of engineering system test plans to test and characterize production level lidar systems
- Lead the procurement of new test equipment to support a robust test infrastructure
- Assist and support others as needed and establish and maintain a productive work environment
- Generate technical reports when necessary
- 5+ years of experience in product development test engineering roles
- Proven expertise in developing and implementing test procedures for complex systems
- Demonstrated experience with performing hands-on test procedure validation for complex systems
- Demonstrated proficiency in the ability to independently collect, analyze, and clearly present results to management
- Experience with low volume production environments
- Demonstrated experience working with complex opto-electrical and opto-mechanical systems
- Familiarity with optical calibration techniques
- 7+ years of experience in product development test engineering roles
- Experience with mid to high volume production environments
- Familiarity with FMCW lidar
- Experience in a test engineering role in the automotive industry
To apply for this job please visit aurora.tech.