Website Bridger Photonics, Inc.
Description: Bridger Photonics, Inc., seeks an outstanding Optical Scientist to significantly contribute to their research and product development efforts pertaining to state-of-the art gas sensing, LiDAR, and advanced imaging technologies.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to: supporting Bridger’s core business areas by performing R&D; innovating and demonstrating solutions to problems related to lasers, photonics, optics, LiDAR, and other laser-based sensing systems; contributing significantly to a team of engineers, scientists, and technicians on new technology development from conception through R&D to production of commercial products; writing R&D proposals and leading the execution of R&D projects; possibly working with high-average-power (> 10 W) and large pulse (>5 mJ) lasers; acquiring and processing data from optical and electrical systems, and developing software to facilitate acquisition and processing of such data; writing technical reports, preparing and giving customer presentations. We are open to filling this position with a scientist with an accomplished record of professional achievements or a scientist with less professional experience, but with documented outstanding ability to learn and potential for growth.
• Master’s or Ph.D. in Laser, Optical, or Photonics Engineering, Physics, or equivalent with significant laboratory experience.
• Strong theoretical background in imaging systems, lasers, linear optics, and nonlinear optics.
• Expertise in design, construction and troubleshooting of complex electro-optical systems.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing with high-value customers.
• Proficiency with programming techniques related to signal processing, image processing and data analysis.
• Willingness to work extremely hard and efficiently in fast-paced research and development environment.
• Ability to take initiative and work independently to solve challenging problems.
• Ability to work cohesively with a team of scientists, engineers, and support staff.
• Significant experience leading the development and commercialization of laser or photonic products.
• Expertise in the design and construction of laser, lidar, and remote sensing systems.
• Proficiency with Matlab, Zemax, and SolidWorks software.
• Familiarity with geo-spatial data formats and proficiency with GIS software.
• This is a full-time, salaried position. Occasional travel may be necessary.
• This position is based at Bridger’s facility in Bozeman, MT
• Salary is commensurate with education, experience, and skills. We offer excellent health, dental, and retirement benefits.
• Bridger Photonics, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, disability, sex, familial status, or national origin. U.S. citizenship required.
For full consideration, please submit the following by Friday, August 6, 2021: (a) cover letter identifying the position you are applying for and your interest in the job, (b) resume, and (c) two relevant professional references. Please submit application materials via email with the job title in the subject line to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com