Website Montana Instruments Corporation
Cold Science Made Simple
About Montana Instruments:
Montana Instruments Corporation designs and manufactures high precision, electrical, optical, and cryogenic systems for quantum materials research and the quantum computing, sensing and networking industries.
People — Who We Are
At the end of the day, it’s all about people — our employees, their families, our community, & our customers.
Path — How We Operate
Our 5 core values are: Hungry | Humble | Results-Driven | Courageous | Team-First
Passion — Our Why
To accelerate discovery that benefits mankind.
Montana Instruments, a growing high-tech Company in Bozeman Montana, is seeking a full time Customer Serivice Engineer II. The Customer Service Engineer II is responsible for meeting the service and support needs of Montana Instruments customers and products. They work to ensure the customer has a positive experience with system installation, training, troubleshooting, system maintenance and upgrades. They work to identify root cause of issues and with development and manufacturing engineers to provide corrective action. They work to be the voice of the customer to Montana Instruments and represent Montana Instruments’ core values when interacting with customers.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve customer problems via phone.
- Track and follow up with customers to ensure issues are resolved.
- Travel to customer sites to perform installation, user training, maintenance, and resolve problems
- Perform remote installations
- Prepare service trip reports, document issues and pass on relevant information to team.
- Issue RMAs, work with sales, production and shipping/receiving to ensure service work is completed in a timely manner and customer systems are returned and invoiced appropriately.
- Identify systemic customer issues and work towards root cause and corrective actions.
- Participate as a member of the new product development team to provide insights and guidance on design for serviceability.
- Review product manuals for accuracy and may assist in the development of product manuals.
- International and domestic travel up to 25%
- Required to lift up to 75 lbs.
- Working for extended periods of time hunched over an optical table.
Key Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and active listening skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to learn quickly
- Technical writing
- Able to read and comprehend technical engineering drawings
- Ability to work well under pressure with deadlines
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Self-motivated and driven with ability to work independently.
- Knowledge of root cause and corrective action tools such as 5 whys, 8D
- Able to collect and analyze customer feedback, competitive analysis, and industry trends
Desired Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific or engineering field (Physics, Chemistry, Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering)
- 3-5 years relevant work experience
Montana Instruments offers excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, a 401(k) with a match, paid company holidays, and PTO.
Please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com