Website Elemental Scientific Lasers
A market leader in mass spectroscopy automation and sample introduction, Elemental Scientific is recognized internationally for its innovative products.
Elemental Scientific Lasers is looking for a self-driven, motivated individual that is excited about being an integral part of creating and working in our new manufacturing facility! Responsibilities include the manufacture, configuration and testing of laser based systems, lasers. Build of electrical, optical and mechanical sub assemblies on several photonics manufacturing lines. FQA testing and documentation of system data, quality control testing, and engineering liaison with an wide-ranging engineering group, cost assessment, hands on build of photonics test equipment and New Product Introduction design opportunities.
Manufacturing Engineering Laser Technician
Elemental Scientific Lasers
A market leader in mass spectroscopy automation and sample introduction, Elemental Scientific is recognized internationally for its innovative products. The company is headquartered in Omaha NE, with the photonics R&D and manufacturing division based in Bozeman, MT. The company is privately owned and has a strong history of commitment to its employees and community. Elemental Scientific sells products globally and has offices in several locations worldwide. On the cutting edge in mass spectroscopy technology our products utilize the latest technologies in lasers, optics, electronics and instrumentation. We experience a great working environment, very low turnover, and an excellent benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive salary and benefits package. This job is located in Bozeman, MT.
The successful candidate will provide advanced day-to-day technical support for the assembly, alignment, and test of complex optical systems, components, and solid-state lasers within a fast paced manufacturing environment. Specific responsibilities include:
- Build and align laser resonators/harmonic modules, and complex optical components.
- Work in wavelengths ranging from deep UV (193nm) to infrared (10um).
- Perform characterization and formal testing of laser systems, including but, not limited to, Excimer, CO2, Nd:YAG, deep UV Femtosecond and, Diode pumped lasers.
- Build, align and test optical delivery systems, and configure beam conditioning devices.
- Build, characterize and test electrical and mechanical assemblies.
- Calibrate, maintain, and assemble optical test and production equipment.
- Troubleshoot product performance issues and work with engineering to solve problems and implement product and manufacturing improvements.
- Work with inspection and vendors to assure component specification compliance.
- Support engineering to production transition efforts for new products.
- Generate assembly process flows and work instructions.
- Train other production staff as required.
- Supplement Customer Service responsibilities via occasional service support at customer sites.
- A.S. or equivalent in laser, optics, photonics, or electronics technology. Or related Engineering Technical degree.
- Hands on experience with assembly and test of solid state laser resonators and complex optical systems.
- Working knowledge of laser laboratory equipment including oscilloscopes, optical power meters, laser beam analyzers, laser drive electronics, and autocollimators.
- General understanding of geometrical optics, laser design, and laser safety.
- Ability to read and understand mechanical drawings and electrical wiring diagrams.
- Clean room experience is preferred.
- Experience in cleaning and bonding of optical components is preferred.
To be considered, please send your resume and cover letter in PDF, OpenDocument or Microsoft Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org
Elemental Scientific is an equal opportunity employer.
Elemental Scientific offers excellent benefits including competitive wages, contribution to group health insurance premiums, 401(k), paid PTO and holidays, and an excellent working environment.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com