Website Montana Instruments Corporation
Cold Science Made Simple
About Montana Instruments:
Montana Instruments Corporation designs and manufactures high precision, electrical, optical, and cryogenic systems for quantum materials research and the quantum computing, sensing and networking industries.
People — Who We Are
At the end of the day, it’s all about people — our employees, their families, our community, & our customers.
Path — How We Operate
Our 5 core values are: Hungry | Humble | Results-Driven | Courageous | Team-First
Passion — Our Why
To accelerate discovery that benefits mankind.
Montana Instruments, a growing high-tech Company in Bozeman Montana, is seeking a full time Sales Engineer. The Sales Engineer is responsible for generating sales revenue in their assigned North American region by fostering healthy pre- and post-sale customer relationships. This is a remote position. Preference will be given to candidates located or willing to relocate near San Francisco, Southern California, Seattle, and Denver. The Sales Engineer will spend time at the factory headquarters training prior to establishing the permanent remote work location.
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of the product line and features as they pertain to the target industrial and academic research markets
- Respond to incoming requests for quotations or technical inquiries related to potential sales in the assigned territory
- Consult with prospects and customers on their experimental needs and plans to make configuration recommendations
- Provide pricing and lead time quotations to prospects and customers for both standard and custom systems and components
- Recruit assistance from custom engineering and customer service departments as needed to drive sales and support existing customers
- Support sales administrative staff in the processing of incoming orders
- Prospect for new leads and new opportunities based on current research trends
- Attend relevant workshops, conferences, and trade shows, stay abreast of industry trends, continuously improve technical knowledge, and maintain company market visibility
- Maintain data on customers, opportunities, and prospects on all digital platforms
- Travel domestically when COVID restriction lift (typically 30%)
- Meet or exceed order bookings targets for assigned region
Key Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Able to act as an ambassador for Montana Instruments product vision to both the internal team and external customers
- Able to collect and analyze customer feedback, competitive analysis, and industry trends
- Strong presentation, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively negotiate with a broad range of audiences
- High attention to detail
- Ability to effectively lead teams and people
- Self-motivated and driven with the ability to work independently
- Able to prioritize tasks in demanding situations
- Remote work experience (knowledge of Microsoft Teams and other video conferencing suites)
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Desired Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree required in a relevant scientific field (e.g. chemistry, physics, materials science, etc.) or equivalent experience
- 5-8 years’ experience of customer-facing roles with a minimum of 3 years in a sales role
- Prior experience selling technical and/or scientific products with long sales cycles
- Demonstrated history of meeting quota and growing sales in an assigned territory
Montana Instruments offers excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, a 401(k), paid company holidays, and PTO.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org