Website Montana Instruments Corporation
Cold Science Made Simple
About Montana Instruments:
Montana Instruments Corporation designs and manufactures high precision, electrical, optical, and cryogenic systems for quantum materials research and the quantum computing, sensing and networking industries.
People — Who We Are
At the end of the day, it’s all about people — our employees, their families, our community, & our customers.
Path — How We Operate
Our 5 core values are: Hungry | Humble | Results-Driven | Courageous | Team-First
Passion — Our Why
To accelerate discovery that benefits mankind.
Montana Instruments, a growing high-tech Company in Bozeman Montana, is seeking a full time Sales Engineer. The Sales Engineer is responsible for generating sales revenue in their assigned North American region by fostering healthy pre- and post-sale customer relationships.
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of the product line and features as they pertain to the target industrial and academic research markets
- Respond to incoming requests for quotations or technical inquiries related to potential sales in the assigned territory
- Consult with prospects and customers on their experimental needs and plans to make configuration recommendations
- Provide pricing and lead time quotations to prospects and customers for both standard and custom systems and components
- Recruit assistance from custom engineering and customer service departments as needed to drive sales and support existing customers
- Support sales administrative staff in the processing of incoming orders
- Prospect for new leads and new opportunities based on current research trends
- Attend relevant workshops, conferences, and trade shows, stay abreast of industry trends, continuously improve technical knowledge, and maintain company market visibility
- Maintain data on customers, opportunities, and prospects on all digital platforms
- Travel domestically (typically 30%)
- Meet or exceed order bookings targets for assigned region
Key Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Able to act as an ambassador for Montana Instruments product vision to both the internal team and external customers
- Able to collect and analyze customer feedback, competitive analysis, and industry trends
- Strong presentation, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively negotiate with a broad range of audiences
- High attention to detail
- Ability to effectively lead teams and people
- Self-motivated and driven with the ability to work independently
- Able to prioritize tasks in demanding situations
- Remote work experience (knowledge of Microsoft Teams and other video conferencing suites)
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Desired Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree required in a relevant scientific field (e.g. chemistry, physics, materials science, etc.) or equivalent experience
- 5-8 years’ experience of customer-facing roles with a minimum of 3 years in a sales role
- Prior experience selling technical and/or scientific products with long sales cycles
- Demonstrated history of meeting quota and growing sales in an assigned territory
- Experience in academia markets is a plus
Montana Instruments offers excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, a 401(k), paid company holidays, and PTO.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com