Website Montana Instruments Corporation
Cold Science Made Simple
About Montana Instruments:
Montana Instruments Corporation is a leading manufacturer of cryogenic solutions for low temperature materials research (3 Kelvin or -454° Fahrenheit). Our systems are used in physics research laboratories worldwide, including at universities, national laboratories, user facilities and industrial R&D centers. The company is on a growth trajectory as it continues to serve the exploding quantum information and materials science industries.
If you join our company, you will learn that at the end of the day, it’s all about people – our employees, their families, our community, and our customers. We are looking for motivated employees who share our core values of hungry, humble, results-driven, courageous, and team-first.
The Sales Engineer is responsible for generating sales revenue in their assigned region by developing pre-sale and post-sale customer relationships and capitalizing on sales opportunities.
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of the product line and applications within the research marketplace.
- Respond to incoming requests for quotations or technical inquiries related to potential sales in the assigned territory.
- Provide quotations for pricing and lead time to prospects and customers for both standard and custom systems and components.
- Work with custom engineering and customer service departments, as needed, to drive sales and support existing customers.
- Support sales administrative staff in the processing of incoming orders.
- Prospect for new leads and new opportunities based on current research applications.
- Attend relevant workshops, conferences, and trade shows, stay abreast of industry trends, continuously improve technical knowledge, and maintain company market visibility.
- Maintain data on customers, opportunities, and prospects on all digital platforms.
- Meet or exceed order bookings targets for assigned region.
- Bachelor’s degree required in a relevant field (e.g. engineering, chemistry, physics, materials science, etc.) or equivalent experience
- 1-3 years’ experience of customer-facing roles (preferably sales or business development for technical products)
Desired Experience and Skills:
- Able to act as an ambassador for Montana Instruments’ product vision to both the internal team and to the external customers.
- Strong presentation, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively negotiate with a broad range of audiences.
- High attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and driven with the ability to work independently.
- Able to prioritize tasks in demanding situations.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of SalesForce.com is a plus.
Montana Instruments offers excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, a 401(k), and PTO.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com