Website Montana Instruments Corporation
Cold Science Made Simple
About Montana Instruments:
Montana Instruments Corporation is a leading manufacturer of hardware + software solutions for low-temperature materials research (~3 Kelvin or -454° Fahrenheit!). Our cryogenic systems are used in physics research laboratories worldwide, including at universities, National Laboratories, user facilities, and industrial R&D centers. We are passionate about accelerating discovery that benefits mankind, which is why we focus on creating easy-to-use solutions that help researchers move faster. With $13M+ in annual revenue, the company is on a growth trajectory as it continues to serve the budding quantum information science and technology industry.
If you join our company, you will learn that at the end of the day, it’s all about people – our employees, their families, our community, and our customers. We are looking for motivated employees who share our core values of hungry, humble, results-driven, courageous, and team-first.
We are looking for a high-performing Sales Manager to help us meet our customer acquisition and revenue growth targets by keeping our company competitive and innovative. You will be responsible for maximizing our sales team potential, crafting sales plans and justifying those to plans to the upper management.
They interact with world leading experts in cryogenic engineering and offer product solutions. They develop and implement sales strategy. They monitor and analyze sales and marketing activity against goals.
The Sales manager is responsible for working with the international distribution team to meet individual quota, forecasting sales and running sales reports, providing mentorship and training, recruiting, hiring, and onboarding new salespeople, and more.
- Develop and plan of the overall sales strategy.
- Manage and coordinate all sales functions.
- Maintain a healthy sales pipeline, provide short-term and long-term bookings forecast
- Set goals and ensure sales teams are enabled to achieve the goals
- Guide prospecting activities by identifying current research trends
- Nurture relationships with existing and prospective customers
- Log activity and information in sales CRM
- Guide prospective customers through the buying process and close sales.
- Understand the needs of the scientific community and relaying information to engineering and product development teams for product improvement and product concepts.
- Manage international sales representative network interactions by collecting territory specific pipeline reports and providing support on sales opportunities.
- Advising distributors on policies and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Edit application-oriented content for sales/marketing collateral.
- Has a detailed knowledge of Montana Instruments products and services.
- Develop and manage sales department budget.
- Planning and directing the hiring and training of new Sales Representatives.
- Directing and coordinating all sales activities locally and regionally.
- Preparing sales budgets and projections and approving expenditures
- Tracking and analyzing sales statistics based on key quantitative metrics.
Key Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrates knowledge of the cryogenic industry and products.
- Possesses knowledge of competitive products and markets
- Possess the ability to communicate effective solutions to scientific audiences
- Knowledge of contracts and negotiation
- Strong verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage several projects
- Understands and has experience working with CRM
Desired Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in physics, chemistry, materials science or related engineering discipline
- Master’s degree in physics, chemistry, materials science or related engineering discipline preferred
- 8+ years of related sales and/or sales management experience
- 5+ years working with high tech products
Physical Demands & Working Conditions:
- Domestic and International travel is required
- Flexible work schedule, early/late phone calls due to international time differences
Montana Instruments offers excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, a 401(k), paid company holidays, and PTO.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com