Website s2 Corporation
At S2 Corporation, we are advancing extreme wideband sensors, expanding the possibilities and capabilities of radio frequency and data signal processing in a dynamic environment.
S2 Corporation is seeking to fill the position of Radio-Frequency Engineer who is meticulous and detail-oriented person and enjoys solving problems, possesses great teamwork skills and has the ability to clearly state and share ideas.
- Researching, designing, integrating and evaluating systems used for transmitting, receiving and converting RF signals across the entire EM spectrum.
- Analyzing RF system performance based on operational requirements.
- Performing RF component level testing and analysis in order to optimize system performance.
- Developing mathematical models of subsystems to predict performance, analyze performance and evaluate data.
- Documenting the design processes including objectives, issues, and outcomes.
- Selecting, purchasing and setting up commercially available RF electronics and photonics components.
The successful candidate will have most or all of these essential skills or abilities:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Systems Engineering or related Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) degree.
- 0-3 years of relevant industry experience, or new college graduates with exceptional lab / project experience.
- Experience with data processing in Python, Matlab, or similar.
- Ability to define, plan, design, specify, test, evaluate, analyze, revise and document system and subsystem performance.
- Be able to work in a highly collaborative team environment to achieve goals determined by the Team and by Management.
- Be able to interpret general guidelines and work alone for extended periods to efficiently move projects forward.
- Be available to travel to field test events several times a year which may include driving company vehicles, working extended hours outside for several days.
Desirable Skills & Abilities:
- Masters or Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Systems Engineering or related Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) degree
- An eye for detail and adherence to high standards.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Knowledge of RF systems and components across UHF, X, K, V, and W-band operations.
- Knowledge of RF/Microwave vendors; always researching to find state-of-the-art hardware.
- RF/microwave photonics and optical communication systems.
- Knowledge of Software Defined Radios (SDRs).
- RF system analysis and use of modelling tools for calculating Noise Figure, SFDR, and IP3 intermodulation distortion.
- Professional experience in optics, photonics, experimental science or in a related area.
- Professional work experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with technical proposal writing.
- Ability to work within cross-functional teams across many functional areas.
- A tenacious desire for driving projects from design phase through product phase.
S2 Corporation’s General Employee Requirements:
- The position includes working on U. S. Government funded projects that involve the handling of controlled unclassified information, requiring the successful candidate to have U. S. Citizenship.
- This position may include working on defense department funded projects with security restrictions, which may require a security clearance. The successful candidate must be willing and able to apply for a security clearance.
- The successful candidate will have to pass a preemployment drug test and background check.
- Be able to perform physical tasks around the lab and office spaces such as sitting and standing, each for at least an hour multiple times throughout a day, and occasional lifting of items up to 50lbs.
- Attend required organizational meetings in person or through videoconferencing.
- Clear communication of your efforts so that others can reproduce your efforts as needed.
- Efficiently use word processing, spreadsheet, time reporting, procurement and other software.
- Ability to describe technical progress in project deliverable reports.
- Ability to assist in writing funding proposals.
- Ability to interpret general guidelines and work alone for extended periods to efficiently move projects forward.
- Ability, willingness, and availability to travel to field test events up to several times a year, which may include driving company vehicles and working extended hours outside for several days.
- Ability to function as part of a team, that is highly collaborative, cross-functional and multi-disciplinary on multiple projects.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with ability to communicate clearly with coworkers, through in-person conversations, email, and on line in organizational software, such as Microsoft Teams.
- Ability to independently learn and apply new approaches and technologies in order to find solutions to complex problems.
S2 Corporation reserves the right to hire none, one, or several candidates for this position. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.s2corporation.com.