Website s2 Corporation
At S2 Corporation, we are advancing extreme wideband sensors, expanding the possibilities and capabilities of radio frequency and data signal processing in a dynamic environment.
S2 Corporation is seeking to fill the position of Software Engineer who will work with other team members to support software engineering tasks across a variety of internal projects. The Software Engineer designs reliable and extendable software models for both high data rate processing, front-end UIs, and networked interfaces. The position also implements and tests these models within the product software projects to ensure correct operation and assists with software development operations in order to increase the efficiency.
- Designs, implements, tests and documents software models for processing and front-end related development.
- Self-identifies, troubleshoots and resolves issues found within product software.
- Implements new UI and processing features within product software using feedback from customers.
- Monitor and improve software quality across multiple projects.
- Improves software development operations for multiple products to ensure high quality products upon delivery to customers.
- Assists with data analysis and algorithm development and software model implementation.
- Assists with reporting and documentation of software design and documenting software APIs and ICDs.
- Improves data processing models for increased performance in real-time data analysis environments.
- Interfaces with external groups to develop well defined and extendable data interfaces in an integrated system.
- Assists with proposal writing opportunities and customer reporting with appropriate presentation materials.
The successful candidate will have most or all of these essential skills or abilities:
- Bachelor of Science degree in computer science, mathematics or related field
- 0-3 years of relevant industry experience, or new college graduates with exceptional lab / project experience.
- Experience with object-oriented programming in C# and C++ or other languages.
- Experience with Git or similar version control system.
Desirable Skills & Abilities: (hierarchical)
- Proficiency in Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD).
- Experience with CUDA GPU programming.
- Experience with embedded systems programming or FPGA development.
- Experience with User Interface (UI) design and development, with emphasis on WPF applications and web technologies
- Familiarity with modern web development technologies.
- Experience with programming custom data analysis routines in C#, C++, Python, MATLAB or other programming languages.
- Experience with cross-platform development.
S2 Corporation’s General Employee Requirements:
- The position includes working on U. S. Government funded projects that involve the handling of controlled unclassified information, requiring the successful candidate to have U. S. Citizenship.
- This position may include working on defense department funded projects with security restrictions, which may require a security clearance. The successful candidate must be willing and able to apply for a security clearance.
- The successful candidate will have to pass a preemployment drug test and background check.
- Be able to perform physical tasks around the lab and office spaces such as sitting and standing, each for at least an hour multiple times throughout a day, and occasional lifting of items up to 50lbs.
- Attend required organizational meetings in person or through videoconferencing.
- Clear communication of your efforts so that others can reproduce your efforts as needed.
- Efficiently use word processing, spreadsheet, time reporting, procurement and other software.
- Ability to describe technical progress in project deliverable reports.
- Ability to assist in writing funding proposals.
- Ability to interpret general guidelines and work alone for extended periods to efficiently move projects forward.
- Ability, willingness, and availability to travel to field test events up to several times a year, which may include driving company vehicles and working extended hours outside for several days.
- Ability to function as part of a team, that is highly collaborative, cross-functional and multi-disciplinary on multiple projects.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with ability to communicate clearly with coworkers, through in-person conversations, email, and on line in organizational software, such as Microsoft Teams.
- Ability to independently learn and apply new approaches and technologies in order to find solutions to complex problems.
S2 Corporation reserves the right to hire none, one, or several candidates for this position. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.s2corporation.com.